Clueless genius
    Feb 2011

MT2 vs. Louise vs. one of each

I'll be pulling the trigger on hydraulic disc brakes very soon and I've narrowed it down to two candidates. The new Magura MT2's and the 2011 Magura Louise BAT's.

The Louise's are a bit more expensive than the MT2's, but they have lots of positive reviews and definite knowledge of their long-term reliability on their side which, as I will be going off to college in a year and a half, is a really nice bit of piece of mind.

However, the MT2's are less expensive, and are supposed to be more powerful, with better modulation, and are lighter. However I do not know that for sure as I haven't seen any reviews of them.

My third option is to buy the base model Louise, which is only available for the rear and then get the MT2 for the front. This option would save me about 20 bucks after sales tax is factored in.

I want to make up my mind soon so I can take advantage of free shipping from pricepoint.
    2009 GT Sanction 2.0
    2007 C'dale Prophet 5
    1994 C'dale M400

I Tried Them ALL... Moderator
    Why not Marta SL?
    "The mind will quit....well before the body does"

Clueless genius
    Feb 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Zachariah View Post
    Why not Marta SL?
    To put it simply, I cannot afford it. Well... I could afford a single Marta SL. The choices I have listed are what I am considering. I have ruled out some lower-end avids and the shimano SLX brakes.
    2009 GT Sanction 2.0
    2007 C'dale Prophet 5
    1994 C'dale M400

I Tried Them ALL... Moderator
    I'd go with the Louise. It has a stellar reliability record, just like the Marta.
    "The mind will quit....well before the body does"