mtbr member
    Apr 2007

Moving the bite point on 07 XTR's

Hi

I have 07 XTR discs, 975 I think

I have built them up from scratch, bled them obsessively and rigged them up to my bars.

I am having trouble getting the bite point right.

There must be something Ive overlooked, the manual isnt helping.

If I have the lever at a nice distance for my fingers to rest on the bite point just doesnt happen at all, if I adjust the lever so I can get full power it is so far out I need extensions on my fingers to reach it not to mention the fact that the screw is at the limit of its travel and about to flop out.

Any comments welcome.

Cheers

YB

Nightriding rules SuperModerator
    AFAIK, the current Shimano levers have no "bite point adjust" only lever reach.... the new 08 XTs will introduce this feature (hydraulic ServoWave) to Shimano brakes

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    What kind of shifters/handlebar grips do you have? I'm using the new XTR brake levers with my XO gripshift twist shifters and ESI silicone grips, and I have the lever adjuster set about 3/4 of a turn from all the way in to the bar, and I have no trouble getting full power from the brakes. Are you 100% sure that the brakes are properly bled? Is it possible that your brake pads are glazed? Is there any contaminants on the pads/rotors?

-> SickLines.com <-
    I don't thinkyour brakes are bled correctly either by what you've described. Try using a syringe at the caliper if you haven't tried that method.