mtbr member
    Feb 2007

mounting caliper posts on a fork for v brakes

does anybody know what is involved in this? Do they screw in, press in, do i have to get the thing taped?

I am looking at a Fox 80 rlc fork 2007' on ebayand it doesn't seem to have the posts mounted in the fork. I guess Fox put the vbrake nubs and mounts for a disk brake on there too. I am the consumate XC guy so I want vbrakes of course.

thanks

Former Bike Wrench
    2007 Fox Forx are disc brake only...you cannot mount cantilever (calipers refer to either road brakes or a part of a disc brake) studs to a 2007 Fox

If you want a Fox and want to run V-Brakes...Look for earlier year models...Otherwise consider something like a Rock Shox Recon Air or the Marzocchi XC or MX line.

mtbr member
    Feb 2007

somebody is smokin

well look for yourself (Item number: 270134348888) anyway the Marzocchi XC is 4.25 lbs. and not an option.

Former Bike Wrench
    My bad...I was in the understanding that Fox was not producing cantilever mount lowers...but that does look like a 2007. Upon further investigation, the F80 RLC is the only Fox Forx with canti studs available aftermarket (they had some OE stuff with canti studs in other models) 2007. Canti studs screw in and should be readily available at most bike shops.

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    well I bought it... So I hope everything works out