cougarbait

Mounting 160mm BB5 to 51mm IS mount

I am trying to mount a 160mm BB5 to a zion rigid fork with 51mm IS tab mounts. I have the avid 160mm adapter, however, it doesn't seem to want to bolt up to the caliper:

Do I have to up it to 185mm to run a BB5??
    09AS-Rsl/09Six

B A N N E D
    Apr 2007
    How does it look when you put the CPS washers between the caliper and the adapter?
    Last edited by cobba; 09-18-2009 at 02:00 AM.

mtbr member
    Jul 2003

cobba hit it...

you have to have the CPS washer stacks in place to mount the caliper to the adapter. Or you have to put equivalent thicknes standard washer stacks in place to space the rotor out. I wouldn't recommend going with a standard wahser stack. The CPS system is part of the adjustment system of Avid brakes. With the CPS washers the caliper is not only able to adjust inboard and outboard, but it also adjusts for the angle of the caliper in relation to the rotor, to a limited extent of course. This allows the brake system to be adjusted, if you use the recommended set up technique, to compensate for IS or Post mounts that aren't quite concentric, i.e. IS tabs that aren't quite the same thickness, or post mounts that aren't quite in the same vertical plane.

Anyway, as cobba's picture shows that, with the CPS washers in place, your caliper will mount to the adpter just fine.

Good Dirt
    "I do whatever my Rice Cripsies tell me to!"

cougarbait
    Ahh, I see... boy do I feel dumb
    thanks guys
    09AS-Rsl/09Six

Members who have read this thread: 0