trail addict

IS mount to adapter-washer needed or not?

My bike came set-up from the LBS with stock BB5s and it had a very thin washer where both the front and rear adapters bolt on. I bought BB7s from Price Point and they came with no washers and the instructions showed no washers (for BB7 OR BB5), so I mounted my new adapters without washers and haven't thought about it much since (like 2 months).

Should I go back and put washers in there or just let it be? The fork is now a Float 120, so I'm wondering if it would be better for the magnesium lowers to have a washer in there.

Or were the original washers just something the LBS put on that wasn't necessary?

Thanks

Jamie

Meh.
    No washers needed between the adapter and the frame/fork unless the adjustment on the caliper is maxed out, and the adapter needs to be spaced over.

I use a washer between the head of the bolt and the tab.

trail addict
    Yeah, that's what I meant, the washers were not being used as shims, they were between the bolt head and the tab. So should I go back and put them in?

Thanks.

Jamie

Nouveau Retrogrouch SuperModerator
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Six Pack
    Yeah, that's what I meant, the washers were not being used as shims, they were between the bolt head and the tab. So should I go back and put them in?

Thanks.

Jamie
    I need to do that on steel forks (thinner tabs) to prevent the bolt from hitting the rotor.
    mtbtires.com
    The trouble with common sense is it is no longer common