mtbr member
    Feb 2005

New question here. Motul fluid and bleed kits

Posted this on the DH-FR forum with no responses yet, so here it is:

Wondering if anyone has experience using Motul RBF 600 or 660 with Formula The Ones or RXs? Or any mtb brakes...

It's time to bleed mine and I'm looking for something that will give a more a little more performance on quite long DHs as well as a more consistent lever feel and won't get the slightly pumped feel I'm experiencing with the RXs.

Also, I'm wondering if any one has used this Formula bleed kit and how it compares to the Avid kit?

Thanks

ride hard take risks
    If your going to use a synthetic fluid then its out with the old in with the new, give it a good flush.

Brake fluid should be replaced at least yearly, if your boiling it on steep descents then more often.

The complete brake system and rider have allot to do with how a brake performs. Steep descents require allot of on off action to allow everything to stay cool. The tough part is keeping the nut holding the bar cool and not locked on.

Bleeding is something one must learn the technique of their brake systems. What works for 2 people may not work for another. Do what works best for you and your brakes.
    Formotion Products
    http://www.formot

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    I have used the 600 Motul since the 80's on motorcycles.....and on every mtb system that took brake fluid.
    Works great in Avids and Hopes.....never had Formula set ups.
    I don't think you will boil that stuff.