Thread: Mono Mini pads

MK_
    carpe maņana

Mono Mini pads

My Hopes have almost no stopping power (relatively speaking, as compred to my Magura Marta SLs and Avid Mechs). I hoped that the pads would brake in eventually and the power would show itself, never happened. I once read of replacement pads that apparently make these brakes proper, anyone know anything about that?

_MK

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by MK_
    My Hopes have almost no stopping power (relatively speaking, as compred to my Magura Marta SLs and Avid Mechs). I hoped that the pads would brake in eventually and the power would show itself, never happened. I once read of replacement pads that apparently make these brakes proper, anyone know anything about that?

_MK
    I think you have something wrong. I have several riding buds with MonoMini's and they are very powerful brake (light two finger stoppies) easily as powerful as the Marta. You might have contaminated the pads or rotors at some point try scotchbrighting the rotors and then throwing them (pads and rotors) in the dishwasher (with detergent and try keep the pad and rotor order intact FI,FO,RI,RO) and then reinstall. Bed the pads by applying lightly on a gentle hill until the power comes up. Also if you wanted could switch to Koolstop pads I keep a set for my Mono4's for DH-ing and they work OK, no complaints but I prefer the Hope sintered pads.

MK_
    carpe maņana
    Will do. I hope this works. One thing that comes to mind is that I used the brakes on my bike during winter rides and commutes, so maybe some of the salt stuff that helps melt the ice on the bike path contaminated the pads. I will report after the wash cycle, I don't mean to give Hope a bad rep.

_MK