mtbr member

minor leaking from Avid Juicy 7s

today i bled my Avid Juicy 7s and it all went well (woohoo!!) but i did discover that there was a minor leak of dot 4 fluid from the lever when squeezing hard on the lever when the pad spreader was inserted but not noticed when just the rotor between the pads. I dont know what the specific part of the lever is called cos i'm a bit thick like that. Its the bit that says "use only dot 4 or dot 5.1" on it. Maybe its the res' cover? i dont know.

I have tightened the two screws a bit (about 1/8th turn) and that seemed to stop the leak a tiny bit (bearing in mind it was only tiny to start with).

Is there any way i can stop the leak? or did it only appear cos the pads were pushed far back? should i worry?

Other than that, my first attempt at bleeding brakes went well apart from my choice of day to do, it was persisting it down by the time i finished!

Any help is appreciated.

ride hard take risks
    If it's just weeping nothing to worry about wipe it off with a moist towel then dry.
    Formotion Products
    http://www.formot

mtbr member
    The reservoir cover/cap has a tiny breather hole and it really is tiny, if it leaked from there then don't worry.

My J5's let a little fluid ( maybe just moisture) out of this hole when I push the pistons fully in.

The breather hole is there to allow for expansion and can have water buid up in it over time
    this will be pushed out as will any excess fluid when the pistons are pushed in.