"El Whatever"

Minaar's Brakes???

I was just goofing around and found this...

These brakes aren't any of the current Formula line-up, are they??

Proto??? Is this the new brake in the rumours that is more powerful??

EDIT... yeah, protos... Just like Nico's...

Check my Site

mtbr member
    Warp,
    I think that the Bianco's are the Minaar's brake!? Not sure about the speed dial thingy?? He designed and uses them. As for the rotors they are definately out and are to released in the 180/160 version in late '07, according to Chris of Formula.
    [SIZE="2"]"You don't stop playing because you get old, you get old because you stop playing!" - Unigeezer [/SIZE]

Ti is addictive
    Warp, you flippin sides Magura boi?????????
    "Can I put a Totem on a FTM?".....Originally Posted by All Mountain

mtbr member
    Ti,
    I had him heading towards the light and you just slapped him in the face! Ignore the TiMaster, Warp, you are definately going in the right direction...head towards the light of the bianco's!
    [SIZE="2"]"You don't stop playing because you get old, you get old because you stop playing!" - Unigeezer [/SIZE]

"El Whatever"
    Quote Originally Posted by Dominator13
    Warp,
    I think that the Bianco's are the Minaar's brake!? Not sure about the speed dial thingy?? He designed and uses them. As for the rotors they are definately out and are to released in the 180/160 version in late '07, according to Chris of Formula.
    Thanks, man!!

Yeah, you're right they are Biancos...

I read on sicklines.com that Nico and Leikhoinen (or whatever the kid's name is spelled, sorry) were running this proto Formula The One (I just hope Bernie Ecclestone don't fall on them pulling a Tony Ellsworth because of the name).

Sweet...

Check my Site

Ti is addictive
    Hey Dom, you have me lookin up Ouro Pouro's for my next ride.......so you've swayed me already........isn't that enough???????

mtbr member
    OHHHHHH! The sweetness that is the Puro! Don't worry, one will not be disapointed with one's choice. They are so well made that a guru of the cycle, such as yourself, will appreciate the subtle yet overwhelming differences.

p.s. As soon as I get the $ I go Ti-MotoLite!

"El Whatever"
    Quote Originally Posted by TiEndo
    Warp, you flippin sides Magura boi?????????
    Err... how to say this in a polite way??

No effing way...

Not yet. I'm happy on Maggies. Support is super, product is amongst the creme of the field and Warranty is longest in the field. No reason to bail the Magura Boat.

Sure, Formula is the only other brand I'd consider. But I really don't know what should they have to do to make me sway their way. Magura really makes me happy on and off the trail.

Oh... I just have to replace my dang lever. I regret so much having gone the carbon route. Not Magura's fault. A caveman like me should be kept away from anything carbon.
    Check my Site

Ti is addictive
    Quote Originally Posted by Warp

No effing way...

Not yet. I'm happy on Maggies. Support is super, product is amongst the creme of the field and Warranty is longest in the field. No reason to bail the Magura Boat.

Sure, Formula is the only other brand I'd consider. But I really don't know what should they have to do to make me sway their way. Magura really makes me happy on and off the trail.

Oh... I just have to replace my dang lever. I regret so much having gone the carbon route. Not Magura's fault. A caveman like me should be kept away from anything carbon.
    Oh yeah, factory won't sell direct to me to send to you, so you're best to order it from your "local" bike store as usual........he stocks and sells dangerboy stuff. He had them on his blog a while back and was quite likin them much.

"El Whatever"
    Oh yeah, factory won't sell direct to me to send to you, so you're best to order it from your "local" bike store as usual........he stocks and sells dangerboy stuff. He had them on his blog a while back and was quite likin them much.
    Thanks, Ti... What did you order?
    I mean, after being at DB HQ's and snooping around, surely something was ordered from "your LBS", right?

I'll check with Maggie boys if they have an objection... 5yrs warranty is something to think about losing. And the stock levers are not ugly at all.

DB are blingy, tempting...
    Check my Site

Ti is addictive
    Thanks, Ti... What did you order?
    I mean, after being at DB HQ's and snooping around, surely something was ordered from "your LBS", right?

I'll check with Maggie boys if they have an objection... 5yrs warranty is something to think about losing. And the stock levers are not ugly at all.

DB are blingy, tempting...
    Full on Retail the levers are 70 bucks I think, so I can't guess what the Montana special pricing would be...........

Just wanted to pick his brains over a wheelset and a six inch build. Sensible guy talked me out of buying another bike this year cause I would have too much overlap.........maybe 08 will be when I bite the bullet. Who knows what may come to light next spring.

"El Whatever"
    Just wanted to pick his brains over a wheelset and a six inch build. Sensible guy talked me out of buying another bike this year cause I would have too much overlap.........maybe 08 will be when I bite the bullet. Who knows what may come to light next spring.
    Time enough to iron the wrinkles on the Endorphin and support your local economy.
    Check my Site

mtbr member

No effing way...

I don't blame you! The look and feel you have, from your explanation, is what you want. I'm still trying to get my ML to look as clean as your Titus in the picture.

"El Whatever"
    Quote Originally Posted by Dominator13
    I'm still trying to get my ML to look as clean as your Titus in the picture.
    Don't worry, you won't see it that clean until next December when it gets overhauled COMPLETELY.

Otherwise, just a wash every time I need to find something under the dirt
    Check my Site