mtbr member
    Apr 2006

Mechanical Disc w/ interrupter type levers?

Hello, I hope this hasn't been covered too much. Here is what I am trying to do. Use BB7 brakes with WTB mountain drop bars. The hooded brakes are tektro, but I want to add cyclocross type interrupter levers to the tops of the bars. The only levers I can find are for road calipers or cantis. Does anyone make these levers that will work with mechanical discs or am I an idiot and missing something? I understand the difference between short and long pull brakes, I think.

Thanks for the time.

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    If you use the road version of the brakes it should work fine, but if you're using the moutain version then they will not have sufficient cable pull to work properly.

mtbr member
    Jul 2003

Like Schmucker said...

get the BB7 Road brakes. They're specifically designed to work with the shorter pull of a road brake lever. And they should work just fine with the levers you are talking about. I know the ones that you mean, they install inline with the cable as it comes from the levers on the drop and mount paralel with the top of the bar so you can actuate the brake from the top of the bar instead of having to go to the drops to hit the brakes. We install at least one or two sets of these a year at the shop. BB7 roads are compatable.

Good Dirt
    "I do whatever my Rice Cripsies tell me to!"