No, that's not phonetic

MBA likes to run their Marta SLs upsidedown?

I was flipping through a couple of MBAs and noticed that on bike test where the rider prefers moto-style brake arragements (front brake = right lever), instead of swapping hoses like a normal person, they just flip the levers upside down and switch sides. The Marta reservoir ends up on the bottom. You can see this in the riding pics of that Titus SB "comparison" they did in the spring. They switch it back for the studio shots. I noticed this elsewhere too (was it the LocoMoto review?).
    My video techniques can be found in this thread.

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by tscheezy
    I was flipping through a couple of MBAs and noticed that on bike test where the rider prefers moto-style brake arragements (front brake = right lever), instead of swapping hoses like a normal person, they just flip the levers upside down and switch sides. The Marta reservoir ends up on the bottom. You can see this in the riding pics of that Titus SB "comparison" they did in the spring. They switch it back for the studio shots. I noticed this elsewhere too (was it the LocoMoto review?).
    It seemed weird to me when you first mentioned it, too. But I would think since they have multiple people riding the bikes and only for a short time, rather than have it get messy switching lines over... they just flop the whole lever assembly. Flop it back for the guy who likes his set up normal or for studio stuff.

No, that's not phonetic
    In the short term it seems fine for people who like the moto-style setup, but since any bubbles are supposed to go into the reservoir, and it is now on the bottom, and the Martas are "known" to be sensitive to that sort of thing, it just seemed funny...
    My video techniques can be found in this thread.