Giant Anthem Rider

Marta vs. Formula B4 SL

After deciding on going with Martas over XTR discs I wanted to know if there were any opinions on these two systems. The Martas look to be a more polished system, but I haven't seen any comparisons. Help a brotha out ...thanks.

A wheelist
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtbric
    After deciding on going with Martas over XTR discs I wanted to know if there were any opinions on these two systems. The Martas look to be a more polished system, but I haven't seen any comparisons. Help a brotha out ...thanks.
    I've used them both extensively and they are both great brakes. I don't have an issue with either one. I've no idea what you mean about a "polished system". The Formulas are a nicely engineered system with their tiny o-rings on all the fittings; a lot of thought goes into their product.

They're both supported by flawless after sales service with the nod going to the Formula for small replacable parts in their assemblies. Both are excellent brakes and in my opinion they are dead even. Formula doesn't get enough recognition for their product.

Mike T. (mcm # 717 & FOG)
    Mike The Bike's home wheelbuilding info - dedicated to providing Newby wheelbuilder information and motivation.