mtbr member
    Nov 2007

Marta SL Rotor with 08XT calipers

Will this combination work? I'm looking at changing my stock xt rotors to the more trick looking martas. Please send in your comments. Thanks!

mtbr member
    May 2007
    measure your xt rotors width first. The Marta rotors are 2.0 mm thick. Avid, Hope are 1.7 mm. I'm not sure what XTs are. I know you can go down (as in Hope rotor on a Marta caliper) but I dont know if going up is an option. The rotor may drag.

If you really want trick, go with the Hope floating rotors. There are colors and they're lighter!!!!
    Lead by my Lefty............... right down the trail, no brakes.

Commit or eat sh!t
    Worked fine for me.

Underweight Rider
    Depending on hubs, some hubs mounted with Hope floaters rubs on the fork...ie Hope floating rotor + novatec/Tank Mitras 20mm TA rubs on Marzo Bomber 66 stanchions. A fellow rider had his fork grinded a bit to clear the rotor.

mtbr member
    Nov 2007

Holes

Thannks for all your inputs. Noticed that the Marta SL rotors doesnt have holes in braking surface? Does this affect its efficiency in dissipating heat? Also, is it actually thicker or thinner that the standard shimano rotors?

wyrd bi ful rd
    i think the grooves and drilled holes are more cosmetic than anything ...

i am currently using XTs with Hope rotors which are 1.6 to 1.9mm thick and they have been worlking fine for 2 years now ... should be alright and as cable0guy has mentioned ... it is ok with his setup ...

mtbr member
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by crudscraper
    Thannks for all your inputs. Noticed that the Marta SL rotors doesnt have holes in braking surface? Does this affect its efficiency in dissipating heat? Also, is it actually thicker or thinner that the standard shimano rotors?
    They don't have holes because (According to Galfer and Magura) the wavey design cools the rotor instead.
    Lead by my Lefty............... right down the trail, no brakes.