The Riddler

Marta SL paired with XO Grip Shifts...Setup Question

I was wondering if anyone could lend some advice as to the best way to set up the XO grip shifts and marta sl disc brake levers next to each other. I have heard that a little adjustment needs to be made in terms of location and position on the bars. I'd appreciate any help!

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    Just set them up to line up with your hands correctly. Adjust as needed. Try about a 50 degree angle.

(aka SS_MB-7)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaparzo
    I was wondering if anyone could lend some advice as to the best way to set up the XO grip shifts and marta sl disc brake levers next to each other. I have heard that a little adjustment needs to be made in terms of location and position on the bars. I'd appreciate any help!
    Here are some pics of my Racer-X 100's set-up:

FWIW, the pics were taken when my bike was brand-new, with uncut FSA bars. After some extensive riding and racing time, I'm going to take off ~1" per end. This will move the entire cockpit inward by 1" per side. At this point, I'm going to leave the lock-on grips at their stock length. If I find the cockpit is too cramped, then I'll take the ends of the lock-ons. As it stands, my RX's brake position mirrors my SS' brake position.
    Ride Hard,
    Mike B. (MCM# 7.77)
    http://www.one-speed.com

The Riddler
    thanks for the pics. that helps.

mtbr member
    Remember when you mount this combo not to run the barrel adjuster on the XO's right next to the master cylinder. It's easy during setup to forget this as you run them tight together.

Daniel the Dog
    Mar 2008

I always hated that set up on my bike....

Quote Originally Posted by Kaparzo
    I could never reach the Marta's levers well with the XO setup. I would dump the XO stuff and get the X9 triggers. Much better in every way except weight.

Jay