zeebot

marta sl carbon lever survives first crash

Flipped over the handlebars today being my usual self trying to ride my rigid SS down a nearly vertical rock directly into a creek. oops. it was fun though. The blade took the brunt of the fall(along with my shoulder) and slammed directly into a rock. i was pretty sure it was ruined, broken, SOMETHING!, but it turned out to be perfectly fine other than cosmetic damage.

So, in conclusion, these things are tougher than expected!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Welcome Turner Homers!

Cool!

I'm racing a technical course tomorrow. Will try not to replicate your results, but will rest easy knowing that my lovely Maggie Marta SLs will probably survive should I do something clumsy.

My Campy carbon levers held up pretty well in a crash a couple years ago, so I'm really not all that surprise to see the maggies do as well.

feel the gin

Quote Originally Posted by Spookykinkajou
    Flipped over the handlebars today being my usual self trying to ride my rigid SS down a nearly vertical rock directly into a creek. oops. it was fun though. The blade took the brunt of the fall(along with my shoulder) and slammed directly into a rock. i was pretty sure it was ruined, broken, SOMETHING!, but it turned out to be perfectly fine other than cosmetic damage.

thats my red stapler
    Quote Originally Posted by Spookykinkajou

do you have your levers fully tightened? or are they loose enough to move in a crash situation?
    [SIZE=2]when the going gets tough the world gets reduced to one pedal stroke at a time[/SIZE]

zeebot
    Quote Originally Posted by jimjo
    do you have your levers fully tightened? or are they loose enough to move in a crash situation?
    they move although in that incident they hit square on and didnt really move.