11 is one louder than 10

Marta Question - after sitting a while?

Quick Marta question. I'm digging them so far, though set-up isn't as quick as some others. Power is amazing for the size.

Question is this - After they sit a while I can pull the levers almost to the bars, quite easy. After pumping them a few times, they work fine. Just wondering if that is a sign that I still might have a bit of air in the lines? Or is that normal?
    "The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care."

(aka SS_MB-7)
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Giant
    Quick Marta question. I'm digging them so far, though set-up isn't as quick as some others. Power is amazing for the size.

Question is this - After they sit a while I can pull the levers almost to the bars, quite easy. After pumping them a few times, they work fine. Just wondering if that is a sign that I still might have a bit of air in the lines? Or is that normal?
    Doug,

That certainly does not sound normal....or, at least I haven't experienced this with any of my disk brakes (Formula B4, Formula B4 SLs, Hope Minis, Hope Monos, etc.). I would highly recommend re-bleeding to ensure all air is out of the system.
    Ride Hard,
    Mike B. (MCM# 7.77)
    http://www.one-speed.com

Sublime Absurdity
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Giant

The only time that I notice this is when I spread the pads with a screwdriver, which I do after having the wheel off and pulling the brake lever - which, for some reason, I always do...
    Wave upon wave of demented avengers
    March cheerfully out of obscurity into the dream

Bodhisattva

Yup. Time to bleed em.

Sorry Doug, but you've got air.

I've learned a couple of tricks when it comes to bleeding Maggies.
    Start with Mike T.'s Magura Cult homepage. I don't know when it was last updated but it's usually current.

Be sure to do the reverse bleed trick. After bleeding as usual with the syringe, then pull the brake lever while constantly keeping that open reservoir full. Don't let the reservoir run dry or you'll have to start over. Then push fluid back through the system and rebleed again. Tap the caliper & line several times with a wooden handled screwdrive or something plastic. I bleed 3 ways each time.
    When you're sure there are no more air bubbles place the reservoir cap back on but don't screw it in just yet. Hold it down with your finger and push fluid through again. Bubbles often get trapped in the bladder. Then screw it down.
    Before removing the bleed syringe, carefully place the pads back into the pistons and place the rotor between the pads. Push the syringe and watch the pistons extend and touch the rotor. This ensures you have the maximal amount of fluid in the system. Carefully remove the pads and then remove the bleed syringe.

Hope this helps.
    “Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance, you must keep moving.”

― Albert Einstein

11 is one louder than 10

kind of figured that...

more or less searching for that excuse not to bleed. Sure enough, they burped.
    "The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care."