Thread: Marta PM?

mtbr member
    Feb 2004

Marta PM?

I bought a new fork that requires post mount calipers. I figured there was an adapter to run my IS Marta on a PM. Turns out I was wrong. I think I can get an adapter and run a 180mm rotor but I'd like to stick to 160mm. My mechanic reports the Marta rep said I should be able to find a PM Marta caliper for ~$60?!?. It is the pre 2008 version. The part number is 0721679. Anyone who has been through this got a lead?
    Thanks.

mtbr member
    Why not run a 180?
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    you looked on ride-this.com? they have a lot of marta stuff over there for pretty cheap.

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    I am in the same boat. Just bought a Durin with PM and have older IS Marta SL's. Don't know what to do.

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    No way to mount the IS Caliper to PM Fork and maintain 160mm. You can go to a 180mm, but would cost $6-12 for the adapter and bolts. Then you have to get a new 180mm rotor. Looking like about $50, plus some weight gain. I just went ahead and ordered a Magura Marta SL Mag caliper for $120 with free shipping. Plus I will have a used IS Marta SL caliper I can dump on craigslist to offset the cost.

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    I decided to order the $85 solution: 180mm rotor and adapter, plus a caliper, hose, lever and hardware. I will pick up a little weight. I got the whole front brake from braking1 on ebay. My paypal payment went to an address @magurausa.com. I guess their dumping NOS. I'm going to try and sell the IS brake system maybe as a package with the fork.

I found an <'08 caliper at bikeman.com. but decided to swap it all out for less money.

Will the '09 mag caliper work with the older lever and reservoir?

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    Rovertd, I sure hope so. I would be very surprised if it didn't. I put out a post on the Magura website forum. Guess I will find out.

Members who have read this thread: 0