Thread: MARTA Piston

mtbr member
    May 2005

MARTA Piston

I just had a piston pop out of my Marta's as i was bleeding them. Anyone else have this problem? I suppose I should put a few of these in here just to make it.....annoying

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by we_todd_did_wun
    I just had a piston pop out of my Marta's as i was bleeding them. Anyone else have this problem? I suppose I should put a few of these in here just to make it.....annoying
    Yeah, I just did that a few weeks ago. You need to have something between the pistons, like cardboard, or an old set of pads, or both (I always take the pads out to make sure no brake fluid gets on them). I hadn't bled my brakes in a while, and forgot about that part. I got it back in without too much trouble, but it sucked having to bleed the brake all over again.

Do It Yourself
    Quote Originally Posted by VT Mike
    Yeah, I just did that a few weeks ago. You need to have something between the pistons, like cardboard, or an old set of pads, or both (I always take the pads out to make sure no brake fluid gets on them). I hadn't bled my brakes in a while, and forgot about that part. I got it back in without too much trouble, but it sucked having to bleed the brake all over again.
    You are supposed to remove the pads and insert the back side of the yellow travel block in caliper while bleeding to prevent this from happening. You can probably pop it back in without damaging the seals. Good luck!
    Long Live Long Rides