Manitou to Shimano question
I'm new to this forum and would firstly like to say hello to one and all.
Could anyone please assist.
I have a set of*
I am trying to find a shimano brake caliper that will fit this fork as the bolt spacings seem to be wider than most .
Or is there a bridge adaptor that allows the fitting of all calipers to these forks*
Centre to centre seems approx 77 to 78 mm as opposed to standard 75 mm
Your help would be appreciated
I'd like to see a photo of the fork's post mounts with a ruler next to these bolt holes.
The Post Mount system is a standard for attaching brakes.
The fork's post mounts should be made to to this standard and have a bolt hole centre to centre measurement of about 74.2mm
Post Mount Specs: http://www.hayesdiscbrake.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/e-10722-1_RA.pdf
* If your fork has a bolt hole centre to centre measurement of about 78mm then something is wrong with the fork.
* Shimano and other brake manufacturers make their post mount brakes with a bolt hole centre to centre measurement of about 74mm, the bolt holes on the brake calipers are usually a bit bigger then the bolts so there's a bit of play for adjustment and alignment.
* Your 78mm bolt hole centre to centre measurement isn't a brake mounting standard so I don't think that you'll find a brake caliper with those specs.
1) If it's possible, return the fork to where you bought it as it's faulty.
2) Get some new lowers if you can find someone that has them, maybe contact Manitou and see if they can be of some help.
3) With a rat tail file you could file a 1mm or more off the outer edges of the holes on the brake caliper and with a flat file you could file down the threads on the bolt where the brake caliper is placed on them. This filing should allow a brake caliper to be fitted to this fork.
Last edited by cobba; 09-14-2013 at 11:00 PM.