mtbr member

Magura MT8 and Matchmaker Clamp

I found some other posts about people using the SRAM Matchmaker regular clamp with Magura MT8's. I have XX shifters and MT8's but I can't figure out how to get them to go together. Does anyone have some pics from behind and a top view?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexgonzalezmi View Post
    I found some other posts about people using the SRAM Matchmaker regular clamp with Magura MT8's. I have XX shifters and MT8's but I can't figure out how to get them to go together. Does anyone have some pics from behind and a top view?
    Do they look like this?

mtbr member
    What came on my Stumpjumper is a hinged 2 piece clamp. It supposed to be a Matchmaker clamp but like I said its 2 pieces.

Edit: I just looked up the X clamps and that's what the clamps on my bike look like although my bike originally came with Elixir 7 and X7 shifters. Weird. They also are not titanium.
    Last edited by Alexgonzalezmi; 02-02-2012 at 12:25 PM.

mtbr member
    What came on my Stumpjumper is a hinged 2 piece clamp. It supposed to be a Matchmaker clamp but like I said its 2 pieces.

Edit: I just looked up the X clamps and that's what the clamps on my bike look like although my bike originally came with Elixir 7 and X7 shifters. Weird. They also are not titanium.
    Yup, you have the X clamp, will not work with MT's.

mtbr member
    That is so stupid. Why would you put your X clamp this for your high-end shifters on your low-end shifters and brakes? Oh well I ordered the proper ones and they're on the way so I should get this squared away couple of days. In the meantime they'll just be clamped individually.

mtbr member
    That is so stupid. Why would you put your X clamp this for your high-end shifters on your low-end shifters and brakes? Oh well I ordered the proper ones and they're on the way so I should get this squared away couple of days. In the meantime they'll just be clamped individually.
    Magura offers their "shift mix"

It's twice the price of the SRAM standard, but it might fit better.