mtbr member
    Oct 2009

New question here. Magura MT-8? Opinions please...

Hi Folks,

First post so please bare with my crappiness.
    Anyway... Magura MT-8s.

1) What is your general opinion of them?
    2) Have you used any?
    3) Do you know of, or have you experienced any problems with them?
    4) Only organic pads???? Surely not!
    5) What would be a better choice?

Cheers

mtbr member
    Much is said about the MT line in this forum. Once you are done searching it, you can find more info on the Magura site, which has its own forum. The latter has a dedicated MT-8 Q and A.

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Thanks knl2stl.

mtbr member
    I've been using MT8's for a couple of months now. I had issues with the rear brake losing all stopping power. I continued to rebleed (twice) and so far it has been fine. Once the organic pads are bedded in they work great.

mtbr member
    Love em, with the feel was as nice as the sold SL, but the power is still there and once you use them the feel is there too.
    S-Works all the bikes!
    Just another used cat for sale

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtyjack View Post
    I've been using MT8's for a couple of months now. I had issues with the rear brake losing all stopping power. I continued to rebleed (twice) and so far it has been fine. Once the organic pads are bedded in they work great.
    Update: A month later, the rear brake has been great, no problems since the second bleed.

But I had another issue, the front developed a slow piston that I couldn't loosen with mineral oil. One call to Magura USA and they sent me out a new caliper that day. They Rock!

I've since figured out how to get a good firm feel from a bleed. After following Jude's video to the "T", they were still not quite perfect in terms of solid feel. So now, the first thing I do is put the block in and squeeze the lever to hold it tight between the pistons. And the last thing I do is pressurize the syringe (and the system) a bit before removing it from the caliper.

They've never felt better! .