Whatever

Magura Marta's with SRAM X.9 trigger shifters

Has anyone used these together? I have '04 Marta's, and just bought the X.9 trigger shifters. They don't fit very well on the bars. Had to use a file to shave off part of the shifters just to make them work fairly well together. To be specific, in order to position the brake levers where I want them (approx 45 degree angle more or less) I have to have the shifters much more (like 75 degrees) otherwise I have to move the brake levers so far inward that I can barely reach with my index finger.

Anybody else run this setup?

mtbr member
    Mar 2004

Not triggers . . .

. . . but I do have trouble getting my Shimano XTR STI to fit up with the Louise/FR '04 levers, which are similar in design to the Martas. Magura's reply was I'm the only one who wanted to set up my shifters in this wierd way. So, I guess there are now at least two of us with issues.

Try leaving a message on their manufacturer's forum at their website.

mtbr member
    I ended up switching to the twist grip from XT shifters for the same reason. I couldn't get the shifters in the position I wanted. Even then I have to be careful or I can't use the adjuster barrels.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Couple pics of my set-up

I'm running Marta SL's with SRAM X-9's. I have the shifters set inboard of the brakes and, as you can see in the pics (I hope), they nest pretty neatly just inside the part of the casting for the hydraulic hose. It's really a close fit - it's almost like they were made for each other though. My brakes and subsequently, the shifters are at a 45deg angle together. The body of the shifter is lower than the hydraulic hose which, rests right on top of the shifter body making them parallel or achieving the same angle. The hooks of the brake levers are perfect for me as is grabing the shift levers - I have pretty normal size large hands.
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    Looks like the triggers fit fine. Maybe the problem has to do with mounting them outboard of the brake units?

I've added a pic that shows where the Louise levers interfere w/the XTR gear indicator (where the hose fitting exits the lever unit body)
    Attached Images Attached Images

Whatever

Thanks, I'll have to try the shifters "inboard" of brake levers

Quote Originally Posted by IFrider1
    I'm running Marta SL's with SRAM X-9's. I have the shifters set inboard of the brakes and, as you can see in the pics (I hope), they nest pretty neatly just inside the part of the casting for the hydraulic hose. It's really a close fit - it's almost like they were made for each other though. My brakes and subsequently, the shifters are at a 45deg angle together. The body of the shifter is lower than the hydraulic hose which, rests right on top of the shifter body making them parallel or achieving the same angle. The hooks of the brake levers are perfect for me as is grabing the shift levers - I have pretty normal size large hands.
    I will definately give that a try. I thought that the shifter paddles would be too far inboard, but maybe it's a good thing to get them out of the way. While climbing a very technical section this weekend, I banged up my knee hitting the right shifter.