mtbr member
    Nov 2010

Magura Marta SL transport device thingy

Hi all. I mounted OG Magura Marta SL mag's on my beloved bike, and they didn't seem to have come with the yellow plastic transport device. I need to do a bleed and have the kit. I am going by Magura's bleed video, and they wedge the plastic transport device thingy in the caliper during the bleed. I can get one on line, but to me it looks like forking out $20 bucks on a clothespeg. Can I wedge pretty much anything in there for bleeding purposes?
    Cool.
    Mat

mtbr member
    Probably. The video shows how the transport device goes in, so start with that idea: With pads in, use something to push back the pistons all the way. Don't be too forceful, but once the pads are out, you can gently give them a push back with a finger to make sure. The transport device fits in loosely when the pistons are all the way back, so don't forcefully wedge something in there. Find something, wood, little stack of cardboard, legos...that fits in not too tightly. That is how the transport device fits in; it will fall out if not held in. If you find such a thing, try to get the pistons to come out a bit to clamp closer so you get sufficient oil in, and make sure you rig something up so it does not fall out during the bleed. I have 2009 era SLs and have bleed a few times with the transport device. But I think it could be done without it.

banned
    Jan 2012
    That transport device your talking about is actually called an bleed block.

mtbr member
    Magura calls it a Transport device, since one end is used when transporting your bike/brake without a wheel/rotor on.