mtbr member
    Jun 2006

IS Magura Marta SL to post mount Fox fork - Anyone know of the proper adapter?

Hello all,

I just got a great deal on a 2011 Fox Float FIT RLC and I am trying to get it set up, however I have hit a snag with my IS calipers and my post mount fork... I need an adapter to try to run an (180mm rotor) IS caliper from my Magura Marta SL brakes on my Post mount fork.

I found these:

http://www.universalcycles.com/shopp...51&category=29

and this:

http://www.hopegb.com/voir_ADAPTMANAV.html

But I am not sure if they are what I need... Anyone know for sure?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Bernard

mtbr member
    The correct adaptor is Magura No 3: 0721643. Unfortunately this is not available on planet earth in spite of what Magura capriciously advises on their forum. The good news is that Hope makes a PM fork to IS caliper adaptor which you have found. Adaptors invariably require an additional 20mm increase in rotor size due to the adaptor thickness, which means that a 160 rotor cannot be used but a 180 can so you should be OK. I think Chain Reaction has this. I can't figure out Universal's adaptor descriptions.

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Thanks for the input jrsbike. I'll be calling the US distributer this Monday to hopefully place my order. Your input helped me solidify my choice/decision. It just seems like such a valuable part which many riders who upgrade a fork from 4 yrs ago or so would need - shouldn't be so hard to find!

Thanks, and happy trails!

Bernard

I Tried Them ALL... Moderator
    You can find Magura QM3 adapter on any eBay seller, who is an official Magura dealer. They run about $25/shipped.
    "The mind will quit....well before the body does"

mtbr member
    I think you have better luck finding items than I do. I tried every online vendor I could think of: Pricepoint, Jenson, Universal, Chainreaction, Blue Sky and many others. The QM3 was the one item that they did not carry. A few replied back that it does not exist or is extinct. I did find a dealer in Germany however who claimed to have one but he wanted a lot of money for it.
    Last edited by jrsbike; 04-04-2011 at 02:21 PM.

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    just wanted to thank jrsbike and bernard3rd for making this post, trying to find this POS part from magura is damn near close to impossible, if it wasn't for you guys i'd probably be still up a creek.

mtbr member
    FYI: I just installed a 180 rotor using the Hope adapter to my Marta caliper on a 2010 Reba Team and it works fine. A few 6mm ss washers from the hardware store at .18 did the trick for adjustment. I find it very annoying that Magura only markets adapters for post mount calipers. Its also a huge pain finding the genuine rectangular pads that came in '08. I've had to use EBC and they seem fine. Right now I am struggling to find a straight fitting in lieu of the banjo bolt on the rear.
    Good Luck with your adaption!

mtbr member
    Yea I saw this. Although Deutchesland is on planet earth it would be nice fined a US supplier. My understaning is that these are no longer made. The Hope is a very nice looking item and adds to the bike. However, I might have to try these guys for the hose parts that no one seems to have.

mtbr member
    Jrs,

Do you know the Hope adaptor part number. I need one to fit my older Martas on an f29. Thanks for any help.

Jason

mtbr member
    Hey Jason,
    I the Hope number should be "HBSM20H". I thought I had already sent this back to you but saw that I had not. Good Luck.
    John

mtbr member
    Jrs

Thanks for the info.

Jason

Here is the Hope equivalent adapter, my friend. Persistence pays:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Hope-Disc-Brake-...item2eb442e5c4

Magura N. America Svc Mgr
    Jun 2004

Is to PM Magura Adapter

Part # 721 643 - (5) currently in stock at Magura USA and another 10 on the way from Germany at 28$ msrp.

Call Magura Direct at 800 448 3876

They are being added to our Web Store for easier access today but in the mean time just call the number.

Sorry for the confusion but there are plenty still around.

Thanks for riding Magura!
    Jude

mtbr member
    That's great news. The older IS mount Martas are so good they won't go away and owners will want to keep using them as long as they can. They still command good money in the used market.

I love my IS-mount Magura Marta SL. I bought them used in 2008...and they have NOT been bled yet! I put at least 3300 trail miles on them too. Simply amazing brakes....

Magura N. America Svc Mgr
    Jun 2004
    Good on Ya Gents! Thanks for flying the flag!
    Jude