mtbr member

Magura Marta setup question

This is probably a dumb question, but we're all entitled to one every now and then!

I have a set of magura martas that I am running on a Fox Vanilla 36 RC2 with IS mounts.

Recently I purchased a new set of wheels, Hope Pro II's laced to Mavic 819's.

With my current setup I'd like to run a little bigger front rotor, a 180 to be exact, mainly because I already have the rotor.

I have a question about the adapter. I have a Shimano 180m adapter already for IS mounts to convert to a 180 rotor. Will that adapter work for me or do I have to buy a Magura one? The model of shimano adapter is SM-MA-F180S/S.

Since I already had this one, I figured I'd try to give it a shot, and it seems to be fine, though it holds the caliper in a different position than normal which isnt a big deal I'd guess.

Or do I have to go find a 51mm to 51mm 180 adapter from Magura?

Thanks for the help!

Meh.
    As long as the pads are making proper contact and the rotor isn't hitting the caliper, it should be just fine.

I Tried Them ALL... Moderator
    eBay has the 160mm-to-180mm conversion IS adapter, and OEM Galfer rotor. Click link below:

http://cgi.ebay.com/MAGURA-MARTA-SL-...lenotsupported
    "The mind will quit....well before the body does"

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Zachariah
    eBay has the 160mm-to-180mm conversion IS adapter, and OEM Galfer rotor. Click link below:

http://cgi.ebay.com/MAGURA-MARTA-SL-...lenotsupported
    Thanks for the link, but I already have the adapter. My question wasn't where can I get an adapter, but if what I had worked.

Thanks though.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by XSL_WiLL
    As long as the pads are making proper contact and the rotor isn't hitting the caliper, it should be just fine.

Seems to be fine as far as contact and fit goes. There is a little slight rotor drag on the pads but I can probably adjust that out with some tiny shims.

Thanks!