mtbr member

Magura Marta Professional Grade Black Ceramic Compound

No, that's not phonetic
    Not that exact compound in Maggies per se, but here is a thread on pads from that outfit.
    My video techniques can be found in this thread.

I-S
    Magurified
    I bought some from there for my louise... Mine are "Compound S". Had my first ride on them today, and my impressions:

Take a bit more bedding in that magura 3.1 or 3.2. Require a harder pull on the lever for any given amount of stopping power. They are picking up much more on the holes in the rotors than the magura pads do (with the zip noise that makes). For what I paid for them (1/3rd the price of magura pads) they're fine, but given the choice I'd run 3.2 instead.

I-S
    Magurified
    Oh dear. I'm going to have to take back what I said.

Simply put, after today's experience these pads have come off the bike and are staying off. Forevermore. Riding down a trail I have ridden a good number of times, something strange happened... the pads picked up the mud in such a way as to then glaze themselves with it. Net result - no brakes. This has NEVER happened to me with either 3.1 or 3.2 magura pads. It's something about how hard these pads are I think - they're really noticeably harder than even the 3.2s.

Buy magura pads. They really do work better.