mtbr member
    Sep 2005

Magura Marta Problem (Lever go to the bar)

I have an older front marta brake that have a small problem. When a push the lever very very slowly the lever can go all the way to the bar and the pads don't move. Under normal condition I never happens and brakes works very well.

Any idea ?

Meh.
    Either the MC is internally bypassing or you need to bleed the system.

Kid disguised as an adult
    Quote Originally Posted by XSL_WiLL
    I think XSL_WiLL nailed it. I've got a K24 rear brake that is doing the same thing and it's the MC piston not sealing when moving slow because the cup seal isn't flaring out enough. In my case I pretty much ruled out a bleed problem after several thorough, by-the-instructions bleeds.

In my case it happens a lot when I'm riding in sections where I just want to (try to) feather the brakes. They're fine if I pull the lever quickly, but that's not always what I need to do.

After fixing several other problems with them, I'm undecided whether put more money into the K24s or try something else. The problem I see is that according to the reviews, the K24s are pretty popular and all the other viable choices seem to have as many or more complaints about them.

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by XSL_WiLL
    I just bleed them. I will try to re-bleed, but I think it is the MC causing the problem. Anyway to fix this on a Marta ? Except changing the whole lever.