mtbr member
    Jan 2006

Magura Marta: Modulation/Set Up, Need Help!

Hey all, I'm a bike shop employee in need of some help getting my Martas to feel right on my race bike. I've got them all bled and installed, however I like some pull and modulation in my brake levers and the reach adjust doesn't give me enough adjustment. The martas engage almost immediately. I much prefer to be able to pull the lever to where it is about parallel with the bar before my brakes engage. It was suggested that I drain out a little of the fluid. This worked for a while however the brakes started to fade and I got air in the lines. Once re-bled, they are fine but still engage too soon. Advice anyone? Thanks!

Do It Yourself
    You need to make sure the pistons are fully retracted when sealing the system. Also, are these new pads because they will wear down a bit once you bed them in.
    Long Live Long Rides

i want spring!
    Are you using the stock cable that it came with? I'm using Goodridge and it wasn't a good choice on my part.

~Db
    Check out all these mountain biking t-shirts, hats, sweatshirts by Trail Hog today!

1pt21Gigawatts
    did you adjust the 2.5mm bolt to allow the brake lever more room to pull so they don't feel like they engage immediately??
    currently...

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    Thanks for the advice guys. However after spending some more time on these Maguras, I've decided to get rid of them and throw on some Juicy Ultimates. The Maguras are light and look sweet but I'm just not happy with the ajustability or the power. I'll post how the Ultimates compare when they arrive.

1pt21Gigawatts
    Yes, please do let us know!
    currently...

~~~~~~~~
    I'm having the exact opposite problem with a set of marta's, rear one in particular, and don't know what else to try, I think I just need to send them in.

mtbr member
    Sorry to drag this thread out after so long.

Airwreck, do you mean to say that you rear brake lever needs almost full travel to engage completely? Have you found a solution to your question? I am having the same issue and was wondering if it could be uneven wear of the rear brake pads.

Cheers!