mtbr member

Magura Marta/Louise and Cold Weather

In a recent thread concerning the merits of XT/Marta, there was discussion of cold weather affecting the XT calipers negatively. Is this due to the mineral oil used in the system? Are the Magura Marta/Louise brakes also affected by cold weather?
    Thanks,
    Barry

No, that's not phonetic
    Define "cold". Provide actual temperatures you are considering.

mtbr member

Revised Search

I don't ride much when it's below 20F, so I guess that would be my threshold. I just revised the search parameters of a previous search and found some past posts that indicate the Magura's should be fine for my purposes--updated seals in the brakes. If there is anyone who has evidence to the contrary, please chime in.
    thanks,
    Barry

wuss
    My Marta's / Louise have always been fine in the cold, and I've been riding down to -20c. Only problem I've had was once when I fell so that my whole bike dove under the snow. My rear brake somehow filled with snow and was numb for several minutes.

It gets pretty cold here during the winter and there has been a lot of Shimano users with problems. However this has not always been the case, and it's not only XT's. I suspect bad seals or something like that, and would imagine it's fixed if you can be sure the brake is manufactured fairly recently.