mtbr member
    Sep 2004

magura marta adapter

thinking about putting a 7" or 8" rotor on the front of the switchblade, talas x, fork. what adapter will i need? i can't seem to find anything via google for magura marta disc brake adapter...

thanks.

iride.
    ride fast...take chances...

mtbr member
    Best bet is to contact Magura USA directly - they will tell you exactly what you need to get the job done.

Quote Originally Posted by iridetitus
    thinking about putting a 7" or 8" rotor on the front of the switchblade, talas x, fork. what adapter will i need? i can't seem to find anything via google for magura marta disc brake adapter...

thanks.

iride.

Nightriding rules SuperModerator
    Assumming you have a front 160mm IS caliper, I think you would need adapter 16 (+20mm adapter) for 180mm.. safest to check with Magura

If your caliper is PM, check the chart below for the size you want

magura

mtbr member
    Dec 2006

Be careful Hinter means rear in German.

You need to look for an adapter that starts with Vor......

Quote Originally Posted by Herzomud
    You need to look for an adapter that starts with Vor......
    I know I live in Germany, too

The adapter says rear wheel, because that's where magura intended to use a 180 from a 160mm caliper... in general the adapter is a +20mm like I posted above...it allows to use a 20mm bigger rotor if you already have the correct "front" or "rear" caliper.... but as I said check with Maggie first
    to be certain.

on could also use another brand's +20mm adapter, like Hope's

ups and downs
    From Magura's Marta accessories page

Adaptor 16

Makes possible a 180mm disc on the rear in combination with a Marta/SL IS caliper with "long" lower leg and on the front with a IS caliper with "short" lower leg.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by rockyuphill
    From Magura's Marta accessories page

Adaptor 16

Makes possible a 180mm disc on the rear in combination with a Marta/SL IS caliper with "long" lower leg and on the front with a IS caliper with "short" lower leg.
    there you go!

mtbr member
    Dec 2006

Good to see.

I just didn't want anyone getting the wrong part.

I have Louise BAT's 180mm front and rear and the supplied adapters were very different for front and rear. The front adaptor was so small I didn't believe they had given me the right one until I actually fitted the caliper and the rear looks like it is for a 203mm by comparison.

My brakes were post mount with IS adaptors though.

I have Louise BAT's 180mm front and rear and the supplied adapters were very different for front and rear. The front adaptor was so small I didn't believe they had given me the right one until I actually fitted the caliper and the rear looks like it is for a 203mm by comparison.

no worries..

yeah.. this is because the position of the rear and front IS tabs is different with respect to the wheel axle... with the same adapter you can use a 20mm bigger rotor in the front that in the rear... hope and formula make this pretty straight forward by saying that the adapters can be used in both, while Magura and Shimano usually offer "rear" and "front" adapters (for sizes that could be used on both, like 160 rear/180 front)

for example see the labeling on the adapter below

"El Whatever"

As Cris says... I have the BAT's in 180/160mm for IS mounts and both adapters are the same.

Rule of thumb: Rear IS mounts run a 20mm smaller rotor than the front for the same caliper/adapter combo.

Proof fo concept are the '02 Magura Julies, which were the same caliper, but used a 180mm up front and a 160mm on the rear.
    Check my Site