mtbr member
    Oct 2008

Magura Marta '07 just as good as '08 '09 ?

Is there any difference in these model years? I can find some of these in '07 models for $140. Or should I get the current ones?

Also the $140 ones are IS mount and I need 74mm post mount. Will there be a problem finding an adapter? Do they make the Martas in 74mm post mount? There was no information on mount options on the Magura website.

Thanks!

Live Free or Ride!
    As far as I know they only make them in Is mount but they have every possible adaptor out there so no worries there. The 07 Marta's are a great brake. The only difference b/w the 07 and 08 are the colours available. For 09 they have added a Ti version where some of the parts are now Titanium and they have made the resevoir a little sleeker saving on some weight. You can still get the non Ti version wheich seems to be the same aside from the resevoir. Thats it though. IMO if you can get the 07's I would go that way.
    2007 Giant Anthem 1
    2009 Giant XTC 0

ups and downs
    It might be hard to find the Magura IS mount adapters, the focus has moved to using adapters on 74mm PM calipers.

Bike to the Bone...
    I think that for '09 Magura has a new lever design (I don't remember if they changed caliper or not).

I don't know if finding the IS to PM adapter will be hard or not, but maybe you can ask the shop that's selling you the brakes, or if you're buying from a friend or ebay, ask a local bike shop for that adapter. I think it doesn't have to be of the same brand, just have the same size and type of mount you're going to use.

Now with 3 more inches!
    Quote Originally Posted by rzozaya1969
    I think that for '09 Magura has a new lever design (I don't remember if they changed caliper or not).
    Caliper is new on 09 too.