Magura Louise power (lack of)

I've had the Louise Bat (non carbon) for about 4 months now and I can't seem to get full power out of them. It definitely takes a hard squeeze
    to lock up the back (not that i do it on the trail...but for the sake of talking about power), and I have to really really squeeze to do a nose wheelie (dead stop). I was told by other magura owners that they get
    huge amounts of grab on their brakes... so i'm wondering if I have mine setup correctly, or I need to switch out pads? I am running the 7" front and back.

No, that's not phonetic
    How much do you weigh? I'm 195 and ride 180mm rotors up front as a minimum offroad (I have 160s up front on commuting singlespeed bikes). I run 190 or 210 in front depending on the bike. Even my 130# GF has 180s up front on her bikes. If there is any pad contamination or serious glazing, power can suffer. You could try going to the Magura Performance pads for the front. They are a little grabbier. The Louises ship with the Endurance pads.
    My video techniques can be found in this thread.

I'm about 180 loaded up... yeah I have a feeling the pads are off.... I haven't inspected them yet but these brakes had to be bled a few times from the get-go.. so maybe something went wrong at the LBS during the process. Just weird that it's so hard for them to bite into the rotor.

No, that's not phonetic
    I have had two leaky Magura calipers among the piles I own. An oiled pad is pretty useless, but other than lack of power and maybe squeal, it can actually be a bit hard to determine if a pad is oiled. I will hold it in a pair of pliers and warm it up with a propane torch until it smokes. A few gentle heating cycles like that will drive off the volatiles. Too much heat destroys the pad, so go easy on it. I have ressurrected Louise pads this way. A light scrub with some sand paper and you are good to go.
    My video techniques can be found in this thread.