mtbr member
    Aug 2009

Magura Louise or Hayes Stroker?

Love to get some opinions... I need to choose between the 2009 Magura Louise (non-BAT version) with 180mm rotors, or some 2009 Hayes Stroker 7's, also with 180mm rotors.

The brakes are going on my Niner Air 9. Setup is full X0 (XTR fd) with gripshifters, a Manitou Minute Absolute fork, and Hope Pro II hubs laced to Stans 355's with DT Revolutions. I may end up swapping out the rear rotor of whatever set I settle on for a 160mm.

Looking forward to some advice, thanks!

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    I just recently picked up a set of Strokers. Initially they were a little more difficult to setup and what I was used to, however once they were installed and configured they work just fine. Modulation was better than expected, levers are super comfy and braking power is very good (still in the bedding process). Lastly, I am very impressed with Hayes' customer support. I was having issues with noise and alignment so I gave them a call and they were very helpful and they even agreed to send out some new pads.

mtbr member
    May 2004

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by CharacterZero
    I would check THIS THREAD YOU STARTED, STARTER:
    http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?p=6075051
    Been there, done that. Explanation and apology can be found there. Did you have any actual advice to give?