mtbr member

Magura Louise or Elixir R?

So I currently have Elixir R's on my trailbike. They are good. Good modulation and power. Silent except when wet. My only complaint is that I had to replace lever internals twice.

I just bought some Magura Louise (non BAT) off Chainlove for $75 each for my single speed, but Im toying with the idea of putting the maguras on my LTc and moving the Elixers to the SS.

The question is which brake would be better on my AM/trail bike?

Bike to the Bone...
    Quote Originally Posted by jimarin
    So I currently have Elixir R's on my trailbike. They are good. Good modulation and power. Silent except when wet. My only complaint is that I had to replace lever internals twice.

I just bought some Magura Louise (non BAT) off Chainlove for $75 each for my single speed, but Im toying with the idea of putting the maguras on my LTc and moving the Elixers to the SS.

The question is which brake would be better on my AM/trail bike?
    I had the Louises BAT on my bike, changed them to Elixir Rs, and probably going to put the Louises back on.

Powerwise, both are similar. Modulation? I prefer Louises. Bleeding, I have no idea, I'm not a mech . Noise? Louises are silent, and smooooth.

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Louise all the way. I have two sets now...one went strong for 4 years, only needing a bleed after 2.

T.W.O.
    +1 for Louise, I have both my CR came with the bike I would not buy them.

Bike to the Bone...
    FWIW, I would have liked to read this before buying the R...

But that what happen to me when I don't do my homework and research before I order.....