mtbr member
    Apr 2012

Magura Louise 04-06' master cylinder with Magura Marta '03 calipers and hose

Magura Louise 04-06' master cylinder with Magura Marta '03 calipers and hose

Are they compatible? My Marta master cylinder is leaking and i've found the Louise's inexpensive and reported to be heavier duty for freeride.

Thanks

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    So I looked at the workshop manual for each,
    magura DOT com/uploads/media/downloads/LOUISE_06_E_01.pdf
    birota DOT ru/manuals/magura/diskbrake-marta-martasl/2003-workshop_marta.pdf
    and noticed that they have some hoses with the same part number. I'm guessing the same fittings to go with them as well.

The Goodridge catalog seems to suggest that all of the Magura series have the same fittings and you can use one hose for all.
    goodridge DOT net/documents/downloads/retail/GoodridgeCat_low.pdf

Finally, since both systems are high pressure systems, I believe that they are compatible.

So if there are no objections to my research, I will order tonight.

Thanks

Bike to the Bone...
    I think there was a succesfull post of someone matching previous XTR levers with Martha calipers.

mtbr member
    All the hoses Magura uses is the same.....biggest problem may be how much volume the master cylinder pushes VS how much is needed to push the caliper pistons.

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Hmm, well I looked up that thread,
    forums.mtbr DOT com/brake-time/xtr-levers-marta-calipers-works-111441.html

And found this post:
    "I would think so
    I have ran a Louise FR front caliper with a Marta lever before

the louise levers may have a slightly bigger master cylinder but I don't know that for sure..
    (compared to a Marta)"

So I'm thinking if it pumps a bit more fluid I may lose some modulation in the lever and have a lot of bite.. That sound about right?

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    FOLLOW UP:

So I went paired the Magura Louise FR 04-06 model master cylinder with the '03 Marta calipers and it works flawlessly!
    It engages the pad a bit sooner in the lever pull the the other Marta lever, but provides excellent power and modulation.

I'd like to put a plug in for Magura: The Marta lever held up for 9 years before failing probably due to my negligence about bleeding it. It was replaced for $35 dollars from them on ebay (a new 04-06 series Louise FR lever). The other lever is fine and has needed bleeding in years! Mineral oil hydraulics are fantastic.