mtbr member
    Mar 2009

Magura HS33 HELP....odd request.

Hello to all, this is my first post. I found this forum in a google search and I am in need of your help.

I race jet skis and I am trying to use the HS33 lever and Magura slave cylinder for a hydraulic trim setup. It has been done before, but it is way too expensive for what the Austrian jet ski company sells it for.

I have the lever and slave cylinder. What I am looking for is a stainless braided line to use. Magura sent me a tough plastic line with banjo fittings, however being routed through my stand up's hull, it stands a very good chance of being rubbed through and leaking. I also need the correct fittings to make this work.

My problem is, no mountain bike shop I have been to around town, which has been 6 or so, can help me. They say stainless braided line is offered in some kits but they are not sure if the fittings will fit in the HS 33 lever, and then tell me I am out of luck, which I find hard to believe.

A fellow racer of mine said he picked his stainless line up at a local mountain bike shop, but he lives in Alberta Canada and is very hard to get a hold of.

I know this is possible but nobody can point me in the right direction and it really doesn't seem to me that this is that awkward of a request, the only thing special about it is that I will need quite a bit more length of the stainless line than someone with a bike.

If anyone can help me out, I would very much appreciate it. I have been trying to figure this out for months with no luck whatsoever. If you have any questions please feel free to ask.

Thank you in advance!

-Luke

mtbr member
    http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/M...x?ModelID=1534

Check out the link. They ship fast and it's easy to order from them. Everything you need is in the kit.

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    Thank you very much, I will check that out. I see it is only 250mm, which is less than a foot, however, I am sure it is possible to order more.

Anything else out there, anyone?

mtbr member
    250mm is the crossover piece only. You'll need the full kit.

rebmem rbtm
    Apr 2007
    Try a place that sells Hydraulic Hoses and Fittings, they should be able to find you a suitable hose of whatever length you need and fittings to match.

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    I deal with a very large hydraulic distributor through work...but they have nothing that small or know of anywhere to locate suck parts. Kind of odd if you ask me.

mtbr member
    Try the boys at Goodridge - pretty sure they will be able to hook you up.

http://www.goodridge.net/usa/pdf/mou...elines_usa.pdf

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    perfect! I will give them a call tomorrow afternoon. thank you so much