Hairshirt Rider

Magura HS 33s and tire clearance

Clearance between the tire and the booster looks tight. Anyone have problems running 2.3 - 2.4 tires on wide rims with this brake?

With a slight modification of the brake booster (cutting off the narrowest (is that a word) hole) I was able to fit a Motoraptor 2.4 with ease. I had the aluminum boosters if that makes a difference.

A wheelist
    Quote Originally Posted by Loudpawlz
    Clearance between the tire and the booster looks tight. Anyone have problems running 2.3 - 2.4 tires on wide rims with this brake?
    HS33's booster system (and the rest of the brake too) has totally changed for 2005. The new booster setup looks like it will take a bigger tire. Check their site.

Mike T. (mcm # 717)
    Mike The Bike's home wheelbuilding info - dedicated to providing Newby wheelbuilder information and motivation.

Hairshirt Rider
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike T.
    HS33's booster system (and the rest of the brake too) has totally changed for 2005. The new booster setup looks like it will take a bigger tire. Check their site.

Mike T. (mcm # 717)
    Thanks for the tip - hadn't checked their site for a while.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Loudpawlz
    Thanks for the tip - hadn't checked their site for a while.
    Biggest tires I have ran were the High Roller 2.5's (which are like 2.35) and the Geax blade 2.25 which are very tall (just as tall as my Kujo 2.65). If you are using the old style boosters you have to cut the inside hole off. Some people have even made their own boosters, I just went with discs cause I am lazy LOL
    Pat T.