mtbr member
    Sep 2006

Magura Gustav M adjustability

Greetings,

Apologies if this topic has been covered already but after searching through the forums, I failed to find any info re adjustable options on the pads of my Magura Gustav M brake pads on my 2003 Ventana El salty. I would appreciate it if someone can direct me to finding manual for the brakes. I would like to fix the brake dragging problem. Tks,

A wheelist
    Quote Originally Posted by elee325
    Greetings,

Apologies if this topic has been covered already but after searching through the forums, I failed to find any info re adjustable options on the pads of my Magura Gustav M brake pads on my 2003 Ventana El salty. I would appreciate it if someone can direct me to finding manual for the brakes. I would like to fix the brake dragging problem.
    I had the discussion about Gustav dragging with Lonnie @ Magura USA recently and his answer was this -

"When set up properly the Gustav will have no drag.
    They have tendencies to drag because of the floating caliper and if the pins are not kept clean and/or get bent the caliper will not float properly and then would drag."

All Magura's manuals can be downloaded from their site.
    Mike The Bike's home wheelbuilding info - dedicated to providing Newby wheelbuilder information and motivation.

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    Tks Mike for the heads up. I have contacted the tech at Magura for a manual since I could not find the link in their website for download. A good starting point, though.

-> SickLines.com <-

A wheelist
    Quote Originally Posted by elee325
    Tks Mike for the heads up. I have contacted the tech at Magura for a manual since I could not find the link in their website for download. A good starting point, though.
    In 20 seconds I found it under Service/Downloads on their site -

http://www.magura.com/english/frameset/frameset.htm
    Mike The Bike's home wheelbuilding info - dedicated to providing Newby wheelbuilder information and motivation.