mtbr member

Magura gustav and louise

I found a complete set with rotors on Craigslist for $100. I see they are discontinued and are a little older models. Can I get pads still and parts? Are they worth it?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

T.W.O.
    How old are they, there are so many generations already.

No known cure
    Quote Originally Posted by EmbraceTheHate View Post
    I found a complete set with rotors on Craigslist for $100. I see they are discontinued and are a little older models. Can I get pads still and parts? Are they worth it?

I still have a set of Gustavs and have no problem finding pads. The calipers are from 1999 and the levers are 2003. Do they come with mounting adapters for your current frame and fork? If not you could find yourself looking for a needle in a haystack, and even when they were avaliable through Magura, they were around $75. I love mine and haven't tried anything more powerful with perfect modulation. They are heavy though.
    Ripping trails and tipping ales

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Vader View Post
    I still have a set of Gustavs and have no problem finding pads. The calipers are from 1999 and the levers are 2003. Do they come with mounting adapters for your current frame and fork? If not you could find yourself looking for a needle in a haystack, and even when they were avaliable through Magura, they were around $75. I love mine and haven't tried anything more powerful with perfect modulation. They are heavy though.
    Nope just calipers and levers. Thanks guess I'm going to pass on them go with some xts

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    I've got a 98/99 model pair, awesome brake, pads are still easy to come by. The only reason I stopped using them on the DH bike was the mounting for a new boxxer was around the $200 range.

Still using them on a AM bike, heavy, drag a bit, but after 13 years they are still 100% reliable.