mtbr member
    Aug 2008

Magura Gustav disc brake rotors?

So I have a set of newer magura gustav laying around that I want to put on a bike. I dont have any magura rotors for the bike, but I do have some 8" hayes rotors. If I get the proper adapters to fit the 8" rotors, will the hayes rotors work for my magura gustav brakes?

Also I have the choice of using wither the magura gustav that I have or using a magura marta in the front and a magura louise in the rear. The bike this will go on I use mainly for all mountain and bigger stuff, as I already have an xc bike.
    Thanks
    Ryan

mtbr member
    The gustavs uses non standard sized rotors specifically 210mm in front and 190mm at the back. I don't think you can buy the adapters for those sizes.
    DH:Mountain Cycle Shockwave 9.5 w/ 888R
    FR:Marin Quake w/ 888RC
    AM:BMC Superstroke 01 w/ 66RC2X

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    I know they are susposed to use the 210 or 190, but if I get a magura adaptor to fit 203mm rotors, the size of the hayes I have, will that work?

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    You can use a 210 or 190 on the front and a 190 or 160 on the rear. They don't make the special adaptors for other sizes.
    You can't make a racehorse out of a donkey, but you can make a fast donkey.

mtbr member

I will check tonight

I have 203 size on mine I will look and see what adapters i have on mine. I am running a fox 40 and a m1 for both of my dh bikes.

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Ok, so after an extensive search it is apparently very difficult to find the adapters for the Magura Gustav brakes because of the floating caliper design, For the front I will use either a 190mm or 210mm 6" post mount adapter, and the rear an 160 or 190mm is standard adapter, Does anyone have any of these adapters laying around or know where I can get some, thanks

mtbr member

Gustav brakes

Gustav adapters are expensive so I would be surprized if any one gives them to you. Here is the magura info page on gustav brakes
    http://www.magura.com/7thsenseCMS/in...p?id=11800&L=1
    I would then contact a dealer, I reccommend universal bikes.
    http://www.universalcycles.com/

Gustav brakes a really strong and are made for dh and tandem applications. I have them on my DH bike and love them but they would be a bit much for all mountian applications.