rack admirer

Magura Fluid turns metalic grey

The patient is a '00 louise that was last bled in 2002. Performance got mushy unless I pumpoed them first so I figured it was finally time. When I opened up the resevoirs, the standing fliud looked like the oil coming out of my fork; silvery dark. I pumped in the good stuff thru the calipers, but the current pattern in the resevior did not push the bad color out. Instead, the fresh stuff started coming over the top. I didn't think to siphon off the top.

My question is Is this contamination coming into the resevior with out there being a leak or coming up from the moving parts in the levers or the pistons?
    MCM # 57

mtbr member
    The same thing happened with my HS 33s. Keep flushing the system until the fluid coming out is clear. It may take up to three bleeds.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Magoo
    The patient is a '00 louise that was last bled in 2002. Performance got mushy unless I pumpoed them first so I figured it was finally time. When I opened up the resevoirs, the standing fliud looked like the oil coming out of my fork; silvery dark. I pumped in the good stuff thru the calipers, but the current pattern in the resevior did not push the bad color out. Instead, the fresh stuff started coming over the top. I didn't think to siphon off the top.

My question is Is this contamination coming into the resevior with out there being a leak or coming up from the moving parts in the levers or the pistons?