Magura brake with Shimano rotor? (and centerlock / 6 bolt question)
Quick newbie type question. I'm looking to upgrade to the Magura MT2 (front and back), but my wheels are centerlock and Magura only makes 6 bolt rotors. The Magura rotors are recommended because the are slightly thicker (per Magura). So......
1) Is it reasonable to use a different brand rotor with this brake?
2) Has anyone ever purchased the Storm SL centerlock to 6-bolt adapter kit and if so does it come with 2 adapters (for front and back)?
3) Can I potentially use a different brand centerlock to 6-bolt adapter?
4) Should I just buy the XT M785 brake set for weight, money and performance sake?
That turned into 4 questions. Thanks for the help.
I recommend centerlock adapters from either us (Magura) or DT/Swiss as they are trick and work well.
You are correct in your assessment that Magura rotors are thicker and therefore more heat stable. Plus we test these rotors with our systems on our dynamometers and don't test others rotors so we don't know how well or poorly the others would operate at the extremes (heat, pad wear etc)
Centerlock adapters are a very good option and common.
Thanks for considering the MT2, they are a great performing and affordable option.
1) yes, but it depends. I'm currently running an avid rear rotor with MT4 without issue
2) my guess would be it only comes with one adapter
3)yes, any brand should work, check ebay for more options
4) if you like the MT2's, just get the adapters and run magura rotors