mtbr member

M988 XTR MC - bubble coming out of...

...that gold plug on the end of the resi? Anyone have a clue on what's going on? Is that lever shot or is there a service kit I can get to rebuild it? TIA.
    Naysayers never apologize. Critics go to their grave thinking everyone else is wrong.
    ╭∩╮( . )╭∩╮

mtbr member
    On one at all?
    So played w/ it a bit more while I stuck on a set of old (rebuilt) Juicy 7s. The lever sucks in air at that hole in the gold plug now...
    Called Shimano and they said to push from caliper up to lever. Did it w/ syringes and got a solid bleed (except, can't pull neg pressure cause it'll pull in air thru that hole), by pushing fluid and pumping lever. But once I seal up the system, the hole would expel oil and pull in air when the lever extended.
    Shimano tech support also said these (M988) levers can't be rebuilt?!?! Is this for real?!
    Naysayers never apologize. Critics go to their grave thinking everyone else is wrong.
    ╭∩╮( . )╭∩╮

mtbr member
    Can you post a photo? I would expect that this should be a warranty issue if the lever is still new enough. Not sure about claiming it though. I've not seen this before, and judging by the lack of response I'd say its not common...