Thread: lx disc

mtbr member
    Feb 2006

lx disc

Is it possible that my rear disc are a little twisty cuz when I run slowly I heard a squee squee! like the disc lighly slide on the pad.. The pads are well place and seem have great space from the disc.

Is it possible to align the disc or is the disc scrap.

Can I save my fuxxxxx disc from garbage?

thanks to everyone!!!

Meh.
    Most rotors come out of the box/bag a little bit tweaked. As long as the material is not kinked, it can be carefully bent and trued. Read the FAQ.

Are you hearing the noise when you go in a straight line? Or only when turning? Because it is normal for some frames/forks to flex. And the noise you hear is the rotor deflecting off the pads.

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    the noise from my break is anytime even if the bike is on my repair rack and the wheel roll freely you can clearly hear the noise so it's not the flex of the frame. Anyway maybe it's normal after 2000 kilometer with the bike that brakes do some noise, that my chain is due to change an my tires are now slick!!! lol

Even if the bikes is good component goes use at same speed (my bike is TREK 8000 2006)

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    I'm glad you understand what he is saying Will.

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by MaddSquirrel
    I'm glad you understand what he is saying Will.
    Do you know the word respect??? it a similar word in english and in french!!! Yes I'm a french guy who want to talk with mountain bike rider not with some people who judge others!!! I'm sorry for my eglish but my I try you should understand and appreciate that. I stay quite polite right now because I think you don't deserve it!!

If you don't understand what i wrote to you so ask to sombody with an open mind to translate you! (it's because ignorance that world goes wrong)

Meh.
    Is it an intermittent rubbing? Or does it rub the entire rotation?

Try centering the calipers first, if it doesn't work, true the rotors.

Center the calipers by loosening the two bolts that attach the caliper to the adapter. Make it just loose enough that it can wiggle freely. Now pump the lever a few times, then hold it. While still holding the lever, carefully tighten each of the two bolts a little at a time. Be sure that the caliper does not shift while you are tightening. Check for rubbing. This may take a few tries to get.

It's also possible that one of the pistons is not moving freely. You may want to remove the pads, pump the pistons out a little bit by squeezing the lever with nothing in between the pistons. Clean around the pistons with alcohol. Then use mineral oil to lube up the pistons. Push the pistons back into the bores with a box wrench. Then just work them in and out a few times. Repeat if neccesary.

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    it's only intermittent not on the enire rotation.... I looked at my calipers and they look centered. and after few observation, I think they work pretty well so it's I think my disc who does not have a good alignment!

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    I am not trying to judge or insult you. I was having trouble understanding your post and I assume since Will was the only one to reply, that he understood what you were asking enough to be of some help. I apologize if I offended you, the problem was not clear to me. I understand what you are asking a little more after your last post and Will's responses. Again, I am very sorry if I offended you.

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by MaddSquirrel
    I am not trying to judge or insult you. I was having trouble understanding your post and I assume since Will was the only one to reply, that he understood what you were asking enough to be of some help. I apologize if I offended you, the problem was not clear to me. I understand what you are asking a little more after your last post and Will's responses. Again, I am very sorry if I offended you.

It's OK I'm not offended anymore I understand your point. I saw your first message like a kind of (another dumby french) it was a misunderstood I understand now that your are a real mountain biker and that you know what the word respect means. So thanks to you for you message no offense and be the mountain community strong and unite (I don't know if this word exist but...) So have fun on your bike and be friend for futur....

Tech geek and racerboy
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Descendents
    it's only intermittent not on the enire rotation.... I looked at my calipers and they look centered. and after few observation, I think they work pretty well so it's I think my disc who does not have a good alignment!
    It sounds like your rotor is a little bent, but it doesn't sound that bad, and can probably be bent back if you're very careful. Park Tool and Hozan both make very good tools for this, but you can accomplish it with an adjustable wrench as well. Just make sure it is clean, or at least clean the rotor with alcohol before you squeeze the lever so you don't contaminate the pads.
    A hardtail is forever

Nightriding rules SuperModerator
    I agree with hardtailforever.. if you calipers are centered then you just have to true your rotor... a crescent wrench will get the job done... just remember to bend a little at a time... don't use too much strength...and clean everything with alcohol (wrench and rotor) before and after to avoid pad contamination...