mtbr member

love the new BB7's but...

The bb7's are awesome but the rear grabs way too much too fast. I've reset the alignment on the caliper, adjust the cable, fooled with the modulation. Is there anything I'm missing?

thanks guys!

mtbr member
    Feb 2007

the red pad adjustment knobs

there is a ton of flexibility between the inner and outer pad adjustment. when i set mine up, i open the pads all the way and set the caliper centered on the rotor as well as the cable tension. at that point if i squeeze the lever, the brakes almost do not engage. you then can start working both the inner and outer pads closer to the rotor until you have the engagement where you want it.

Also something to keep in mind is that the inner pad does not move when you squeeze the lever...just the outer pad moves. so i try to get the inner pad as close to the rotor as i can without rubbing so that the outer pad does not have to push the rotor excessively far...i mean you will actually see the rotor flex as the brakes grab, i just try to minimize it.

i hope this helps. good luck

mtbr member
    Thanks....

I have levers pretty close to the grip but I'll try some fine tuning.....

thanks again....

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    I don't know if you ahve the speed dial levers or not, but they are a cheap way to tailor the modulation to your liking by allowing you to adjust the angle/ leverage of your cable engagement with the lever.

mtbr member
    yep, I have the speed lever 7's and they are fantastic....

Tree Dodger
    Nov 2012
    Keep working on them, it's just a combination of lever placement/adjustment and/or cable pad adjustment. You have all you need for a great system, just some adjustment is out of wack.

mtbr member
    seems like I've got it solved. I changed the cable housing and increased the length and they modulate much better. thanks....