mtbr member

looking for a decent single bolt mounting rim brake

My dad is building and upside-down tricycle (picture included for entertainment), and he wants to get a new front brake. We don't know how to incorporate a rear brake into the bike easily, so a pretty decent front brake would be optimal. But, the problem is that I can't find any single bolt mounting rim brakes that aren't for roadies. Would a cheap roadie brake work? If not, does anyone have any suggestions on anything that would work?

thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images
    '05 p.2
    tryin to have fun on a college budget, and doin a pretty good job of it

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by wako29
    My dad is building and upside-down tricycle (picture included for entertainment), and he wants to get a new front brake. We don't know how to incorporate a rear brake into the bike easily, so a pretty decent front brake would be optimal. But, the problem is that I can't find any single bolt mounting rim brakes that aren't for roadies. Would a cheap roadie brake work? If not, does anyone have any suggestions on anything that would work?

thanks
    Check out the BMX section on ebay.
    Wanted: broken Titec 2 bolt seatpost, any size

mtbr member
    awesome, didn't even think to look for BMX stuff. Just ordered a Odyssey 1999, seems like it would be adequate.

thanks
    '05 p.2
    tryin to have fun on a college budget, and doin a pretty good job of it

PCC
    mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    Long reach roadie dual pivot brakes would work well here. An alternative would be and older centerpull brake but you will need to mount a cable hanger to get this to work.

Tektro dual pivot
    Centerpull brake.

Quote Originally Posted by wako29
    My dad is building and upside-down tricycle (picture included for entertainment)
    ...... I don't get the "upside down" part ???!!!???
    Tires are on the ground, cranks are below seat, bars are at "appropriate" height (I guess you'd say...) Where does the "upside down" come into play ??? Just wonderin'....