mtbr member
    Mar 2010

Longer levers, do they exist?

Diggin' new grip shifters, but I don't like my hand on the shifters fat grips. Not cool for the descents.

Hmm, I don't recall this issue with the last grip shifters I had on a previous '00 bike.
    Fatter grips these days?

Oh, Hayes Trail brakes. Hey, they came on the bike.
    Last edited by socalscott; 10-07-2012 at 03:07 PM.
    '10 Marin MountVision 650b conversion

mtbr member
    I run grip shifters and they are find for descents. I think most people are ok with them while descending.

There are a few companies that make aftermarket levers, like Danger Boy, Straitline, etc. Maybe they have a longer version.

mtbr member
    Yep. Same complaint here. Running 2012 Shimano XT brakes - I wish the lever blades were a tad longer like the previous gen XT levers. I don't know of any after market brake levers for new Shimano brakes. If someone does please fill me in.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by funnyjr View Post
    Yep. Same complaint here. Running 2012 Shimano XT brakes - I wish the lever blades were a tad longer like the previous gen XT levers. I don't know of any after market brake levers for new Shimano brakes. If someone does please fill me in.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    You need to get these levers: Shimano XT Scheibenbremse BL-T785 Modell 2012 - BIKE-COMPONENTS.DE