Thread: Loaded Q...

Dual Squishy...

Loaded Q...

Totally loaded question here...

So I am finally sick and tired of the constant on/off issues with my 2007 Avid Juicy 7s. Have straight line levers and LOVE the feel they provide, but looking for a new set of brakes. Bike is an '07 Specialized Enduro, 203mm front rotor, 185 rear. Wanna stick with the big rotors or dang close.

I've had the typical Juicy 7 nonsense in various forms as described in the Juicy 7 uber thread. After multiple steps to resolve, some work but only for a while, I've decided to move on...

Hell, my Avid Single Digit 7s I just setup on my old steel SS rebuild seem to stop better.

Hopes?
    Avids (No Juicy 7s)?
    Formula?
    Hayes?

Anything that would be compatible with the Straight Line levers I have on now?

Crap load of info here, to much for me to entirely discect. Ride primarily XC, some aggressive, and some AM riding... I know I'll get a lot of opinion, but let it all out. I know this has been asked a gazillion times, but too loaded with Gin after my most recent outing/crash/near death experience on my 7s...

mtbr member
    I've had Avid Juicys, Formula "The One" and Hope tech M4s. For me the Hopes are my favorite and the brakes I use now.

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Go demo ride some new bikes at the LBS with the various brakes you want to try out...

That way it is all your fault, if you pick the wrong one.

Dual Squishy...
    Ha, there is that...

Looking at the V2s. 203mm front, 183mm rear as that is the closest to the rotor size I have now.

mtbr member
    I've had no issues with my Avid Elixirs (2009 model). 185mm front and 160mm rear. All riding is fast cross-country. I weigh 250lbs. One finger braking at all times, regardless of how fast I'm going or how steep the hill is that I'm slowly inching down. Highly recommended.

mtbr member
    very good deals on 2009 Hopes at Chain Reaction now.

Dual Squishy...
    Yeah, just gotta figure out if my Specialized e150 fork has the clearance for the V2s rotors...