Did I catch a niner?

Hope Kool Stop Salmon pads wear faster?

Does anyone notice them wearing out faster then what else Kool Stop has to offer? My old Eagle2's on a canti setup showed a lot less wear then this.

Setup:
    SD5 Linears
    SD7 Levers
    Jagwire Ripcords

Everything is setup properly I had a guy I deal with at my LBS who I trust set them up just in case. The pads are maybe 4 months old with 3 months of use which as been scarce with the winter.

EDIT: How often do you sand the surface of your pads?
    Mr. Krabs: Is it true, Squidward? Is it hilarious?
    http://www.activejunky.com/invite/90161/travis-boss

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    hey there...def the salmons wear faster than others...i like the two color pads the best...im going to cantis thugh b/c i run a funky setup (old mtb frame w 700s) do you know if ritchey logic and ritchey reds are as good as everyone says? i havent used cantis...ever...actually except on a touring bike i have...what are the good ones anyways.? im thinking about onzas ....ten years ago i would have overtightened and broke...not now...or avid tris (but $$$) let me know if you have opinion...also unless you are in a lot of rain i think the salmons are not worth...im also in LA the driest place ever...

mtbr member
    That salmon compound does brake better and wear faster. It's excellent. that said, I use the Kool Stop combo pads on bikes with canti- or vee- brakes, and those tend to wear longer but still brake very well.