mtbr member
    Feb 2006

Kool Stop pads vs Magura Marta OEM

Hey guys,

Does anyone have an experience they can relay using Kool Stop pads in replacment of the Magura oem pads? My LBS has only Kool Stops in stock. Seems I've read in the past that the non-oem pads didn't work too well on the Marta's.

Thanks

Commit or eat sh!t
    They void Magura's warranty. Are you interested because they are cheaper? You can order the Magura pads from most of the mail order houses.

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Cable0guy
    They void Magura's warranty. Are you interested because they are cheaper? You can order the Magura pads from most of the mail order houses.

Nothing to do with price. Matter of convience really. As I mentioned in the OP, my LBS was out of the Magura pads but,had the Kool Stops.in stock.

Thanks for the info on the warranty. I'll stick with Magura oem.

and B+W too
    Racerx70, you might find this thread interesting regarding your question: The first non-Magura branded brake pad I have liked...

I too have Magura's (Louise 2007's) and am more than happy with the original performance 6.1 pads. I'm also happy to keep my brakes warranty intact, although I am very curious to see what people think of Goodridge pads compared to Magura's. It doesn't seem like there are many, if any, pads that surpass the OEM pads. This surprises me
    [SIZE=2]MCM#: Googolplex[/SIZE]

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by RedBlueGreen
    Racerx70, you might find this thread interesting regarding your question: The first non-Magura branded brake pad I have liked...

I too have Magura's (Louise 2007's) and am more than happy with the original performance 6.1 pads. I'm also happy to keep my brakes warranty intact, although I am very curious to see what people think of Goodridge pads compared to Magura's. It doesn't seem like there are many, if any, pads that surpass the OEM pads. This surprises me
    Thanks, I'll check it out.